Get BlazeTV
News

Tucker Carlson slams censorship of Planned Parenthood video

On his program Wednesday evening, Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed a federal judge for ordering pro-life group the Center for Medical Progress to remove its latest video from YouTube. (Image source: YouTube screenshot)

Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed a federal judge Wednesday for ordering the pro-life group, the Center for Medical Progress, to remove its latest video from YouTube.

Last week, a law firm representing the Center for Medical Progress released a video recorded by the pro-life group showing Planned Parenthood employees using gruesome terms to describe abortion procedures.

A judge previously blocked the Center for Medical Progress from releasing the undercover footage its filmmakers recorded of conversations that took place at the National Abortion Federation’s 2014 and 2015 annual conferences. NAF argued that the video’s publication could endanger its members. The pro-life group is currently appealing that injunction.

The video released by the law firm was described as a "preview" of the footage from those conferences that is under injunction. Soon after the video was published, U.S. District Judge William Orrick said it violated the injunction and ordered it removed from YouTube.

The video has since been removed from YouTube, as well as other social media websites. At press time, the video was available on Newsbusters:

On his show, Carlson read quotes from the video, including a Planned Parenthood employee who described a fetus as “a tough little object” and a member of the Consortium of Abortion Providers who said, “An eyeball just fell down into my lap, and that is gross!”

“We’d love to show you the video, but we can’t, because of a man called William Orrick,” Carlson said.

Carlson said that Orrick is a “massive” donor to Democrats and that he intentionally “suppressed” the video. He argued that Orrick’s claim means “the First Amendment doesn’t exist.”

“It’s an atrocity and it’s gotten very little attention,” Carlson said.

Lila Rose, the founder and president of Live Action, a pro-life group, told Carlson that the effort to remove the video by NAF and Planned Parenthood “shows us that they’re very afraid of what’s on these tapes.”

Rose said that the video is “horrific” and “so difficult to hear” but that it’s "exactly what the public should hear, Tucker, because Planned Parenthood, the very abortionists that are laughing about what they’re doing on these tapes, are receiving half a billion dollars every single year from taxpayers.”

Earlier this week, a coalition of pro-life groups sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe asking them to direct their respective departments to investigate allegations raised by the Center for Medical Progress’ videos that Planned Parenthood trafficked aborted fetal body parts.

Planned Parenthood has denied illegal conduct.

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Subscribe Now
Recommended
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.