According to the Forbes list of 400 richest Americans, President Donald Trump's net worth dropped $600 million since a year ago.
What are the details?
- Forbes reported in its semiannual analysis that Trump's net worth is $3.1 billion — $400 million less than March's figure of $3.5 billion, and $600 million less than October 2016's $3.7 billion.
- The president is currently ranked as the 248th richest American.
- In 2016, he was No. 156 on the list.
- Forbes blamed Trump's decline in net worth on a variety of factors, including real estate market fluctuations as well as his presidential campaign.
- "A tough New York real estate market, particularly for retail locations; a costly lawsuit and an expensive presidential campaign all contributed to the declining fortune of the 45th president," Forbes wrote in explanation of Trump's declining wealth.
- Since 2013, Trump's highest net worth was $4.5 billion in both September 2015 and March 2016.
- Trump's October 2017 net worth analysis of $3.1 billion is the lowest it's been since 2013.
- Trump is still richer than Oprah, whose net worth was revealed to be $3 billion, but not as wealthy as Mark Cuban, whose net worth was revealed to be $3.3 billion.