Watch LIVE

VP Pence seeks donations for pro-life group after actress donates to Planned Parenthood in his name

News
Vice President Mike Pence speaks at the March for Life rally on January 27, 2017 in Washington, DC. (Tasos Katopodis/AFP/Getty Images)

Vice President Mike Pence took to Twitter over the weekend to seek donations for the pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List after actress Mila Kunis donated to Planned Parenthood in his name.

What happened?

Kunis said Thursday on “Conan” that she set up a monthly donation to Planned Parenthood in Pence’s name to protest the vice president's opposition to the organization.

“Every month to his office, he gets a little letter that says like, ‘an anonymous donation has been made in your name,'” Kunis said.

Kunis called her donations a “peaceful protest.”

“I strongly disagree and this is my little way of showing it,” she said.

What did Susan B. Anthony List say?

In response to Kunis’ remarks, the Susan B. Anthony List set up a donation page on their website allowing supporters to make a donation to the group in Pence’s name.

“Let's take a stand for life,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the Susan B. Anthony List, wrote on Twitter.

What did Pence say?

Pence took notice of Dannenfelser’s tweet. He said he was “honored” by the effort and thanked the group for their pro-life efforts.

“I'm in,” he added.

Earlier this year, Pence delivered the keynote address at the Susan B. Anthony List’s annual Campaign for Life Gala. He praised the pro-life feminism of the group and its namesake.

“Today, tomorrow, and every day hence, let us strive with all our might to finish the work that Susan B. Anthony started, to ensure that the timeless promises of the Declaration of Independence — of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness — ring true and are preserved not only for ourselves, but our posterity,” Pence said in May.

Most recent
All Articles