Comedian Louis C.K. admitted Friday that the allegations of sexual misconduct against him are true.
"These stories are true," C.K. wrote in a statement. " ... I have been remorseful of my actions and I have tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I'm aware of the extent of my actions."
Louis CK has put out a statement. "These stories are true," he says. https://t.co/8oCH7YhqnF— Dave Itzkoff (@Dave Itzkoff) 1510337780.0
Accusations by five women made headlines Thursday after the New York Times published an expose about the comedian's alleged behavior toward them, including masturbating in front of the women. Prior to publishing the story, Lewis Kay, C.K.’s publicist, told the Times in an email, “Louis is not going to answer any questions.”
"At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which also true," C.K. wrote. "But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your d**k isn't a question. It's a predicament. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."
He wrote that he's remorseful, adding "There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left with them.
Who are the women?
Julia Wolov and Dana Min Goodman in 2002; writer Abby Schnachner in 2003; comedian Rebecca Corry in 2005; and an unnamed woman who worked a stint on “The Chris Rock Show” in the late ’90s.
You can read more about the women's accounts of C.K.'s behavior as here.
Which companies are dropping the comedian's projects?
The release of C.K.'s film "I love you, Daddy" has been canceled Orchard, the film's distributor, announced in a statement Friday, BBC News reported.
HBO is also distancing itself from the comedian. The network announced C.K. will not appear in its upcoming "Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs" event and said his previous projects will be pulled from HBO On Demand services.
Netflix announced Friday that it will not move forward with any specials featuring the stand-up comedian.
"The allegations made by several women in today's New York Times about Louis C.K.'s behavior are disturbing," a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement to CNN. "Louis's unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand up special, as had been planned."
FX said it's "very troubled" by the allegations against C.K. but that it hasn't received any allegations against relating to projects in which he's involved, according to CNN. C.K. is the executive producer on several shows for the network, including "Better Things," "Baskets," and "Louie."
"FX Networks and [FX Productions] take all necessary actions to protect our employees and thoroughly investigate any allegations of misconduct within our workplace. That said, the matter is currently under review," FX said in a statement, CNN reported.