When comparing President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama, MSNBC host Joy Reid leaves no doubt as to which one she prefers in the Oval Office.
“If you think of the presidency as a national avatar, Obama is who we hope we are, and Donald Trump is who we fear we are,” Reid said during “The Last Word” Wednesday.
Reid continued, blasting “Trumpism” as exuding “something sort of guttural … like playing to all of your base fears of other people — your anger, your rage, your neediness. The core of his need is this black hole inside himself is kind of what America fears — like the crass part of ourselves is becoming.”
In a Thursday Twitter thread about Trump, Reid invoked more “black hole” imagery regarding Trump:
If Democrats go along, it will only feed his grandiosity. If they don't, it feeds his rage and opens the black hole of vengeance inside him, which he could take out on them, vulnerable populations, maybe other countries (war is still not unthinkable…) I just don't know.
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) December 29, 2017
What else did Reid say about Obama on air?
“Barack Obama is the emblem of what presidencies used to be — the Eisenhower model,” Reid noted, adding that Obama exuded “aspirational” qualities and was “above the fray.”
This writers’ perspective
Obama was “above the fray”? Here’s a short list of counterpoints to start with:
- Operation Fast and Furious.
- Obama’s Justice Department wiretapping journalists.
- IRS targeting conservative groups.
- The Obamacare debacle, to say nothing of its architect Jonathan Gruber crediting the “stupidity of the American voter” for helping it come to fruition.
- Paying Iran a ransom for the release of Americans.
- Veterans Affairs scandal.
- Hillary Clinton’s private email scandal.
- And the latest accusation that Obama dropped Hezbollah prosecutions to help pull off his Iran nuclear deal.
But who’s counting?
(H/T: The Daily Wire)