What's a brief background?
The video game, which was set to be released in June, would have allowed players to take part in a simulated school massacre scenario.
Players could either opt to be the school killer, an innocent student, or the SWAT member responsible for taking down the mass killer.
The game’s promotional content read, “Pick up your role, gear up and fight or destroy!"
"Depending on your role, your objective might be to protect and extract or hunt and destroy," the description added.
So what happened that it won't be released?
On Wednesday, the BBC reported that the video game will not be released.
According to the outlet, "Steam's owner, Valve, said it had dropped the game because its developer had a history of bad behavior."
Valve Corporation is a video game development company.
Steam is an online digital distribution platform for video games, which was developed by Valve.
The BBC reported that Valve reached out to the media to reveal that the June release of the controversial video game would be stopped.
"This developer and publisher is, in fact, a person calling himself Ata Berdiyev, who had previously been removed last fall when he was operating as '[bc]Interactive' and 'Elusive Team'," a spokesperson for Valve said in a statement obtained by the BBC.
"Ata is a troll, with a history of customer abuse, publishing copyrighted material, and user review manipulation," the statement continued.
"The individual named has denied involvement," according to the BBC's report.
"His subsequent return under new business names was a fact that came to light as we investigated the controversy around his upcoming title," Valve's statement added. "We are not going to do business with people who act like this towards our customers or Valve."
The statement concluded by noting that Steam will soon have a "broader conversation" about their content policies.