With the FBI's investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh underway, Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the White House and the FBI with a list of subjects they believe must be interviewed, according to CNN.
Democrats have been expressing concern that the length and scope of the FBI's investigation won't be sufficient to thoroughly get to the bottom of Christine Blasey Ford's allegation that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982, and now they want to ensure that the other two women accusing Kavanaugh are interviewed as well.
“We ask that you confirm that the FBI background investigation will include the allegations of Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez and Julie Swetnick and that the FBI will perform all logical steps related to these allegations, including interviewing other individuals who might have relevant information and gathering evidence related to the truthfulness of statements made in relation to these allegations," the Democrats' letter read.
All but one Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee signed the letter. Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) did not sign.
Who do they want interviewed?
The list includes the obvious investigation subjects, such as Kavanaugh and Ford, as well as the friends Ford named who allegedly attended the party Ford said she was assaulted at.
Others include high school and college friends of Kavanaugh's, Ford's husband, and friends Ford may have spoken to about the assault. It is unclear how some names on the list connect to Kavanaugh or any of his accusers.
Here is the full list, published by CNN:
- Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh's first accuser
- Lynne Brookes, Kavanaugh’s friend from Yale
- Russell Ford, Ford’s husband.
- Christopher Garrett
- Timothy Gaudette, Kavanagh’s friend and Georgetown Prep classmate
- Adela Gildo-Mazzon, Ford's friend
- Sean Hagan, Kavanaugh’s Georgetown Prep classmate.
- Jeremiah P. Hanafin, D.C.-area polygraph examiner who conduced Ford's
- Mark Judge, Kavanaugh’s friend and Georgetown Prep classmate
- Thomas Kane
- Brett Kavanaugh
- Leland Keyser, Ford’s high school friend
- Keith Koegler, friend of Ford
- Mark Krasberg
- Bernie McCarthy
- Richard Oh, Kavanaugh’s classmate at Yale College.
- Potomac Village Safeway, to examine the employment records for this store to verify Ford’s claims and to determine the relevant time period
- Deborah Ramirez, Kavanaugh's second accuser
- Elizabeth Rasor, Ex-girlfriend and college classmate of Judge
- James Roche, Kavanaugh’s freshman roommate at Yale
- Patrick J. Smyth, Kavanaugh’s friend and Georgetown Prep classmate.
- Julie Swetnick, Kavanaugh's third accuser
- Elizabeth Swisher, Kavanaugh’s friend from Yale
- Rebecca White, Ford's friend