House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic leaders in the lower chamber have used a lot of air time underscoring that their impeachment of President Donald Trump is so very solemn and most definitely not politically motivated.
But far-left U.S. Rep. Rasida Tlaib (D-Mich.) — she of "we're gonna impeach the motherf***er" infamy — made no effort Wednesday to hide her happiness about the impending vote.
In fact, the freshman congresswoman came up with a video showing her and her entourage on the way to the House to make official the first step in what will most certainly be an unsuccessful attempt to remove Trump from office:
"Hey everyone," Tlaib said as her grin lit up the camera. "I'm on my way to the United States House floor to impeach President Trump."
Some hoots rang out with a few giggles thrown in.
"On behalf of my incredible district ... let'd do this," she added as the clip came to a stop.
No, nothing partisan to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
Speaking of that 'motherf***er' quote
One certainly would be keen on seeing what expression befell Tlaib's face not too long afterward when GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) brought up her "motherf***er" quote on the floor. Tlaib's comrade Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) was reportedly none too pleased about the reference.
How did President Trump react to Tlaib's video?
Trump posted his reaction to Tlaib's gleeful video on Twitter:
"This is what the Dems are dealing with," the president wrote. "Does anyone think this is good for the USA!"
Tlaib's had a busy first year in the nation's capital:
- A week ago, Tlaib blamed the fatal shooting of Jews in a New Jersey Jewish market on "white supremacy" — even though the suspects were anything but Caucasian.
- Last month, the House Ethics Committee announced the expansion of their probe into Tlaib and released texts showing her begging her 2018 political campaign for money.
- Tlaib tweeted her disdain for the Detroit Police Department's facial recognition technology, calling it "bulls**t" — which drew strong criticism from the police chief.
- Tlaib called for a boycott of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" after the left-wing host rebuked Democrats for using the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement as an ideological "purity test."
- In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, Tlaib couldn't say Israel has the right to exist as a nation without defending Palestinians.
- Recently surfaced video showed Secret Service agents forcibly removing an angry and shouting Tlaib during a Trump campaign event in Detroit in 2016.
- She also reportedly has deep ties to anti-Semitism.
- In addition, Tlaib stood by her "motherf***er" comment.
(H/T: The Daily Wire)