WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can signup for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Difference of opinion now radical? …
The radical left and its media allies are continuing to fan the flames of conflict between Americans. This time, in the wake of President Donald Trump's pro-America rally in Washington, CNN political analyst and Washington Post veteran Carl Bernstein is saying Trump is trying to ignite a new hot "civil war."
This is because Trump is resonating with a slice of America that has had enough of the left's radical agenda. As NewsBusters' Nicholas Fondacaro reports, Bernstein, appearing with CNN's media critic/cheerleader Brian Stelter, blamed Trump for his "authoritarian tendencies" and Trump's supporters for, well, supporting him:
Bernstein, a master of hyperbole that NewsBusters reporting can attest to, appeared on Sunday's so-called "Reliable Sources" where he, in all seriousness, suggested that "this cold civil war predates Donald Trump. And Donald Trump understood that we are in a cold civil war in this country. And he has exploited it and brought this cold civil war almost to the point of ignition through his actions and his words, which are unprecedented in terms of presidential conduct."
"No president in the history of the United States in 246 years has expressed the kinds of ideas and thoughts and undemocratic notions and authoritarian notions that he has," he continued to proclaim, a total falsehood (Presidents Woodrow Wilson (D) and FDR (D) come to mind).
Immediately following that false accusation, Bernstein turned to attacking President Trump's supporters around the country. "We need to start connecting these dots. What do people in the country think of this and why do they think and support him, no matter what he does, no matter how outrageous seemingly his conduct is," he decried, as if those people supported Trump's supposed "authoritarian notions."
So basically, Bernstein agrees that rhetoric in this country has been heating up. Of course, he sees nothing wrong with the radical agenda the left is pushing and thinks it's all the right's fault, and Trump's, for tapping into the anger of those who are fed up with the radical leftist agenda of Bernstein's allies.
Bernstein's scorn is attached to Trump and not the violent Antifa protesters on the streets in the District of Columbia this weekend.
- Ted Cruz handles NYT writer who said he has 'no business' using Frederick Douglass' name
- Want the opposite of a joyous July 4 DC patriot? See WaPo reporter Dan Zak who was astonished that people liked Trump's Independence Day celebration
- When will NBC stop claiming 'Russian propaganda' helped Trump win?
- Salon's Marcotte: 'Bigotry' drove turnout for Tump's celebration of America
- Daniel Horowitz on 'Fox & Friends' about Minnesota and sanctuary policies
- Trump's love-hate relationship with Fox News just turned to hate again
- ABC hides Trump approval surge with voters, says he's in trouble
- MSNBC panel compares Trump to Archie Bunker and 'racist Uncle Jerry''
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.