What’s going on?
Want to know where your hard-earned tax dollars are going? Some of the latest government research grants to be awarded will put public funds toward researching “poor posture” and “18th-century sexuality,” the Washington Free Beacon reported.
How much money are we talking?
Last month, the National Endowment for the Humanities awarded $12.8 million for 253 projects as part of NEH’s latest cycle of funding.
Doc and Kal talked about some of the latest research grants from the NEH and why they’re a crazy example of government spending on today’s show.
Tell me more …
Here are some of the research projects selected for NEH grants:
- A study of "18th century sexuality”
- A study about bells in Bulgaria
- A propaganda study based on the theory that Fox News can brainwash liberals
- A virtual exhibition of more than 90 pieces of New Deal art from the town of Gallup, New Mexico
- A book-length study documenting California wine history and its intersection with labor relations
- An “immersive” video game about alchemy