Here are the headlines from today's ZION news:
- Thousands of Israelis have taken the day to pray in Jerusalem’s old city to observe Tisha B’av, which commemorates the five catastrophes of the Jewish people, two of which are the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem.
- The Iranian government is now being accused of fueling the Temple Mount crisis by sending millions of shekels of aid in the form of food packages to protesters at the Temple Mount.
- Sharren Haskel, Likud Party Knesset Member, spoke at the ILTV studio to discuss the aftermath of the Temple Mount crisis.
- Former Israeli Defense Force soldier Elor Azaria has lost his appeal and will face eighteen months in jail. He now has to decide whether to file for another appeal or seek a pardon from President Rivlin. Elor Azaria must show remorse for what he did to the only man who can lessen his sentence, IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot.
- The human rights organization Amnesty International is speaking out against the terror group Hamas, and is demanding the release of two Israeli prisoners in Gaza.
- One of the Hamas operatives released in the Gilat Shalit prisoner exchange has been rearrested for planning a terror attack in Jerusalem but this time in Austria. An Austrian court has sentenced him to in prison.
- The Palestinian Authority’s Chief Negotiator Saeb Erekat, one of the most publicly outspoken critics of Israel, is now awaiting a critical lung transplant in an Israeli hospital.
- A fisherman made a surprise catch in central Israel’s Yarkon waters over the weekend by pulling up a fully-intact mortar shell. Police have given no word on where it might’ve come from.
- A team of Israeli researchers have just identified a gene that causes infertility in men. A mutated tdrd9 gene is linked with sperm production in men.
- Valeria Buzdygar, supervisor of "A Dialogue With Time" spoke at the ILTV studio about the exhibition in the children's museum in Holon.
- Warner Brothers has just opened an exclusive Wonder Woman exhibit in its studios in California.
- Learn a new Hebrew word every day. Today’s word is "poriut," written פוריות, which means "fertility"
Listen to more episodes on demand of “ZION News” on TheBlaze Contributors.