Here are the headlines from today's ZION news:
- Israel is moving ahead with plans to shut down the Qatari news network Al Jazeera in Jerusalem. Several other nations such as Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates have already booted Al Jazeera from their countries in protest of Qatar, where Al Jazeera is based.
- Former chief of staff Ari Harow’s turn to state witness against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sent shock waves throughout the country. The Prime Minister seems to be calm as the corruption scandal continues. Two third of Israelis are saying he should resign if police indict him.
- Eli Hazan, Foreign Affairs Director of the Likud Party, spoke at the ILTV studio about the corruption scandal surrounding Prime Minister Netanyahu.
- Hamas has just agreed to a reconciliation deal with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in an historic agreement brokered by Egypt. This would be a huge change in the Palestinian world because things have been fiercely divided ever since Hamas seized control of Gaza from the P.A. In 2007.
- An Israeli judge in Haifa revoked the citizenship of an Arab-Israeli man convicted of carrying out a terror attack in 2015. This is the first time any Israeli court has stripped citizenship of a convicted terrorist.
- Military prosecutors have denied former Israeli Defense Force soldier Elor Azaria's request to delay serving his eighteen month jail sentence.
- Israel and the Palestinians agreed to cooperate in draining the sewage that’s been flooding the biblical Kidron Valley.
- Yaffa Golan, Founder and Inventor of Medic Shoes, and Professor Eliezer Klainman, Researcher at the Geffen Institute, spoke at the ILTV studio about people suffering from diabetes who have poor blood circulation in their feet.
- India has bought dozens of security dogs from the Israeli army’s Oketz canine unit to protect the Indian Prime Minister.
- The first time ever an Israeli woman has completed the grueling English Channel swim. Ms. Avishag Turek swam over 13 hours from the British town of Dover to reach the French city of Calais.
- Learn a new Hebrew word every day. Today’s word is "yom nisu'im," written יום נישואים, which means "wedding anniversary."
Listen to more episodes on demand of “ZION News” on TheBlaze Contributors.