On today’s show, Doc had a “cold pizza at 1 a.m.” story to kick off a chat with Chef Patrick about people’s pizza-eating habits around the globe.
Here are five unusual toppings for pizza that are popular in other countries. Check out the full clip (above) to learn more about food trends with Chef Patrick.
- Mockba, which comprises tuna, sardines, salmon, mackerel, red herring, and onions, is a popular topping in Russia for a pizza that’s usually served cold.
- Coconut is a favorite topping in Costa Rica.
- Green peas, along with corn, raisins, hearts of palm and hard-boiled egg, are popular in Brazil.
- Banana curry pizza is a hit in Sweden.
- Pizza in Japan may be topped with eel and squid.