One of the left's most widespread talking points is the idea that Republicans and are waging an ongoing war on women -- but what is the basis behind this longstanding claim? How is America's "fair sex" faring in the modern fight for equal rights?
"What I would say to people who think that women already have equality is to open [your] eyes to the issues of pay equality, violence against women, and pregnancy discrimination," said Bettina Hager, the DC director of the ERA Coalition, a national group of organizations pushing for ratification.
While liberals continue to deal out the 'war on women' trump card, Glenn Beck breaks down the stats behind the hyped-up narrative. "By all means, please let's truly open our eyes and look at each of those issues," said Glenn on today's show.
Myth #1: Women make from 78 to 87 cents for every dollar a man makes.
1. Every year since 2012, the Washington Post (a liberal publication) has debunked the claim as false.
2. Studies show that when comparing men and women with similar experience, education, skill level (in other words, comparing apples to apples) there is no gender disparity in pay.
3. In 147 of America's 150 largest cities, women's salaries are 8 percent higher than men's.
Myth # 2: One in every five women will be raped on an American college campus.
4. Sexual assaults in the US are down 60 percent since 1995.
5. Domestic violence is down 63 percent.
6. Partner violence is down 72 percent.
Learn more in the clip above. Also, watch a clip from the first part of this two-part series, in which Glenn highlights the struggle for women’s equality throughout the world and contrast that with what liberals define as "gender equality" here.
Still not convinced?
Here's Christina Hoff Sommers, Resident Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, to debunk the myth of the gender wage gap on PragerU.