A video that perfectly illustrated how differently the Democrats viewed illegal immigration now versus 20 years ago was discussed Friday on the "Pat Gray Unleashed" show with Pat Gray and Keith Malinak.
Sarah Kramer, a reporter with the Daily Caller, went to American University armed with a camera and a list of quotes and asked students "who said this" about immigration.
Who said this?
● "All Americans, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country." — Bill Clinton, 1995
● "That's why our administration has more aggressively secured our borders hiring a record number of new border guards deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before." — Bill Clinton, 1995
● "We've got to do several things, and I am, adamantly against illegal immigrants. We've got to do more at our borders and people need to stop employing illegal immigrants." — Hillary Clinton
● "Real reform means strong border security, more boots on the ground on our southern border than any other time in our history." — Barack Obama
● "We have to send a clear message that just because your child gets across the border doesn't mean the child gets to stay. We don't want to send a message that is contrary to our laws that will encourage more children to make such a dangerous journey." — Hillary Clinton
Students were unable to correctly identify who said what and were shocked in every case to learn that these words had ever been uttered by former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Pat noted that while the students were caught up in the politics of each quote, they completely missed how severely the Democratic Party has flip-flopped on the issue of illegal immigration.
Click here to watch the video.
To see more from Pat, visit his channel on TheBlaze and listen live to “Pat Gray Unleashed” with Pat Gray weekdays 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. ET, only on TheBlaze Radio Network. Want more of Pat? Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.