A Florida woman reportedly died Christmas Eve after authorities claim she was accidentally strangled by an electronic neck massager.
Kenneth Gegerson called 911 after finding his wife, Michelle, 37, lying on the floor of the couple's bedroom next to the massager. Paramedics say she was dead at the scene and authorities believe her necklace somehow tangled in the massager and quickly tightened around her neck.
According to Broward County police reports, the woman had spent the evening wrapping Christmas gifts and getting ready for work while using the massager to relieve some neck pain. At this point, detectives have not specified the type of massage device she had been using, saying it's still an active investigation.
Michelle Ferrari-Gegerson worked as an emergency room radiologist at Jackson Memorial Hospital and leaves behind her husband and their 1-year-old infant, the Miami Herald reports.