Try BlazeTV for Free
News

Natalie Wood Drowning Case Re-Opened By LAPD

LOS ANGELES (The Blaze/AP) — A Los Angeles County sheriff's official says homicide detectives have re-opened their investigation into the 1981 drowning death of actress Natalie Wood. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the agency is taking another look at the case after recently receiving additional information.

Whitmore declined to release any additional details about what information detectives had been given.

Wood drowned on Nov. 29, 1981, after a night of partying with husband Robert Wagner and "Brainstorm" co-star Christopher Walken on the couple's yacht anchored off Santa Catalina Island.

Coroner's officials ruled the death of the "West Side Story" star an accident.

The L.A. Times quotes anonymous sources saying that the captain of the ship may have come forward with new information about the night:

 Sheriff Lee Baca said detectives want to talk to the captain of the boat after learning of comments he recently made about what happened on board. Baca did not provide further details, adding only that the captain "made comments worthy of exploring."

The LAPD has a press conference  slated for later today (Friday).

Robert Wagner has released a statement about the new investigation of his wife's death. The Fox affiliate from Atlanta covers the story:

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Try BlazeTV for Free
Recommended
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.