Try BlazeTV for Free
News

Disgusting: Woman Allegedly Finds Live Maggots in Nut Mix on Flight out of LAX

"I couldn't talk. I was nearly throwing up."

For many, creature comforts have all but disappeared from flying.  The leg room is minimal, the miscellaneous fees are outrageous, and the staff can't always be depended upon.

And now, a report has surfaced of live maggots in the nut mix.

Yes, Victoria Cleven, 42, claims to have received bag of nuts on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles to Melbourne that was crawling with maggots.  The lights were out on the overnight flight when she opened the bag, so she reportedly started eating them on accident.

"It tasted strange and I turned the light on and looked at the rest of the packet and started seeing maggots coming out of it everywhere...I couldn't talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside myself," she said. 

The married mother checked her son's mix immediately thereafter, and found it to be infested as well.

She took video of the disgusting discovery:

Mrs. Cleven said she was offered a full refund, but in the end, only received roughly 1/4 of what her flight cost.

A spokesman for Qantas airlines said the matter is being investigated.  "Qantas sincerely apologizes to Mrs Cleven for the incident that occurred on her return flight from LAX to Melbourne...Qantas has also contacted the supplier and is currently investigating how this issue occurred," he said.

Sydney Biscuit Company, which manufactures the nut mix, said it was possible that moths got into the packets when they were being stored at a warehouse.

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Try BlazeTV for Free
Sponsored content
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.