George Zimmerman walked out of jail Friday afternoon, one day after a Florida judge set his bond at $1 million.
The Orlando Sentinel reported:
His lawyer pulled together enough money to post $1 million in bail and has received about $20,000 from donors since Thursday when Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. set the bond amount.
That's on top of Thursday's defense-fund balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.
Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara also said Friday that his team had secured a temporary safe house for his 28-year-old client, who is charged with killing Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, Feb. 26 on a Sanford sidewalk.
Zimmerman was ordered back to jail last month after Lester revoked his original $150,000 bail following evidence from prosecutors that Zimmerman and his wife had lied about their finances during an April bond hearing. Prosecutors said Zimmerman and his wife did not tell the court a website set up for his defense had raised around $135,000, and that the two spoke in code during recorded jailhouse conversations about how to transfer the donations to various bank accounts.
Under the terms of his release, Zimmerman must observe a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew, be electronically monitored and cannot open a bank account or obtain a passport. He must remain in Seminole County, Fla. and may not set foot on the grounds of the local airport.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
This post has been updated since it was first published.