On April 4th, 2011, President Barack Obama filed the required paperwork to run for re-election. So, what has happened since that time?
- Number of Obama campaign fund raising events - 200 (CBS reporter Mark Knoller reported on the milestone this weekend and gave us all a frame of reference using data from George W. Bush's fund raising numbers during the same period.)
- Rounds of Golf - 45 - There are several sites tracking this number - one of them is ObamaGolfCounter.com
- Months that the unemployment rate has been above 8% - all 16 of the months in question
- Meetings that Obama had with his Jobs Council - 1 - And that meeting was in January of 2012. In July, the Romney campaign claimed that the President has not met with this vital council in the past six months. That claim has been supported by PolitiFact.
The curious thing about President Obama and his Jobs Council, he was told the country how important the unemployment problem is... In fact, the President has made several statements about how focused he will be on this vital issue. Here are a few quotes from Mr. Obama on this vital topic.
"I/we will not rest...
- --until we are succeeding in generating the jobs this economy needs.
- -- until businesses are investing again, businesses are hiring again.
- -- until we build an economy that's ready for America's future.
- -- until every American who is ready and able finds a job.
If you would like to hear the President making these and other statements, watch the video posted below.
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)