A roundup of the little things that may have slipped through the cracks…
1. The annual Video Music Awards, MTV's popular awards program, has been rescheduled as to not interfere with President Obama's speech tomorrow night.
2. On MSNBC's Morning Joe today, Joe Scarborough (a Republican) said, "The Democrats who put [the convention in Charlotte] together were so much better than the Republicans who put Tampa together."
3. Actor Alec Baldwin today called obscure singer Hank Williams "a broken-down, senile, racist coot." Baldwin's name-calling came in response to Williams calling Obama "a Muslim ... who hates cowboys, hates cowgirls, hates fishing, hates farming, loves gays..."
4. Obama Campaign Manager Jim Messina was overheard on an elevator yesterday saying the Democratic convention is "kicking ass."
5. Of Michelle Obama's convention speech last night, Modern Language Association Executive Director Rosemary Feal said, "Only thing I don’t like about Mrs. Obama’s speaking style: the deliberate little stutter." More on the mysterious stutter... (VIDEO).
6. Speaking to the Hispanic Caucus at the Democratic convention today the first lady returned a shouted "Love you, Michelle!" with " love you, babe," according to a pool report.
7. NBC dominated TV ratings for the Democratic convention last night in the 10 p.m. ET hour. MSNBC came in second, followed by CNN, CBS and ABC. Fox News came in last. [Per a CNN press release]
8. "All she ever comes out with is cheer-leading stuff..."-- MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell today on Ann Romney. He was comparing Romney's speech from last week to Michelle Obama's from last night.
9. San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, a rising star in the Democratic Party who spoke last night at the convention, confirmed he does not have a psychic connection with his identical twin brother.
10. CNN totally sh*t-stirring ahead of Bill Clinton's speech tonight. A teaser asked, "Is there a chance he'll upstage the President?"
11. Also on CNN: Van Jones said of the Democratic Party platform, "It was handled badly from beginning to end and now we're going to pay the price..."
12. Over on Fox News, analyst Dick Morris (a former pollster in the Clinton administration) said he's 100 percent certain Clinton "wants Obama defeated" in November.
13. The cable news Chyrons (lower-third of the TV screen) for Sandra Fluke's convention speech tonight: Fox News: "Georgetown Law School Graduate," MSNBC: "Women's Health Advocate," CNN: "The Woman Criticized By Rush Limbaugh." [Per BuzzFeed]
14. A recurring song that has played during the Democratic convention is Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin.'" The song played shortly after Fluke spoke. A sampling of the lyrics: "If you can't feed your baby/ Then don't have a baby/ And don't think maybe/ If you can't feed your baby..."
Meanwhile over at Current TV, anchorman Al Gore...