A U.K. man is dead after reportedly drinking over $50,000 in liquid crystal meth, mistakenly thinking it was a health drink.
Romano Dias, 55, was given the bottle of meth by his daughter who discovered it in a package delivered to the house, according to Mail Online.
After reportedly drinking about half the bottle while complaining of its taste, Dias became ill and died.
In this Feb. 15, 2013 photo, two bags of crystal meth and packets of methamphetamine pills trafficked from Myanmar are displayed at a press conference in Bangkok after police seized nearly 2 million tablets and 20 kilograms of crstyal meth. (AP)
His partner, Debra Dulson, said Dias' throat began to burn before the man realized the trouble he was in.
"I am in trouble here," Dias told Dulson, according to Mail Online. "I am dying, I am dead."
The package had reportedly been delivered to the residence six-months earlier. The address was correct, but the name on the package did not match anyone living in the household.
Dias' daughter kept the package thinking someone would eventually collect it, but ultimately decided to open it months later to examine its contents.
This image released by AMC shows Jesse Pinkman, played by Aaron Paul, left, and Walter White, played by Bryan Cranston, cooking meth in a home being fumigated in the fifth season of "Breaking Bad." The series finale of the popular drama series aired on Sunday, Sept. 29. (AP Photo/AMC, Ursula Coyote)
Authorities say it was probably meant for a drug dealer.
"I would say it is highly likely it was destined for a dealer," Detective Inspector Ian Simmons reportedly said, adding, "this was a completely unaccountable and unforseen chain of events."
Crystal meth has gained fame after being featured in the popular award-winning TV show "Breaking Bad."
Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter