After being tasked with filling the shoes of iconic late night host Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show,” Jimmy Fallon on Friday addressed David Letterman’s surprising retirement announcement with his own top ten list of reasons why he’s walking away.
"I love that guy," Fallon said of Letterman.
“It’s hard to imagine late night TV without him, because he revolutionized it,” he continued. “He made it what it is today. And, after I heard the news, I kind of started thinking about reasons why Letterman is retiring. ... If you want, I could just read my Top 10.”
Here’s his list:
10. Wants to quit while he’s still able to compete on Dancing With The Stars.
9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
8. Time slot was getting too “Jimmyesque.”
7. He’s not retiring — he’s “consciously unhosting.”
6. Stop! Hammock time!
5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
4: After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website.
3. One word: E-LOprah.
2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season’s Amazing Race.
1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.
This story has been updated with video.