Just in time for Independence Day, Australian author Nick Adams has a new book out titled "The American Boomerang: How the World's Greatest 'Turnaround' Nation Will Do It Again."
Adams, who was recently a guest on the Glenn Beck program, brings candor, humor, optimism and sharp-tongued wit to his modern-day Tocquevillian work, in seeking to restore America to its rightful place as the leader of the free world.
Below are 11 characteristically entertaining, enlightening and politically incorrect quotes from his new book.
1. The world needs America to be a country of self-reliant warriors, not government-dependent, politically correct pussycats. Leave that to Europe.
2. Europeans tend to do the "Love thy neighbor" part quite well, you've got a better chance of finding a European who doesn't watch soccer than finding one who goes to church. Instead, they put their hope and trust in the fraud of the multicultural, multi-faith, and humanist state.
3. When was the last time you heard someone say, "God bless" in Stockholm or Brussels or Amsterdam or Berlin? Instead, it’s "Today’s reading comes from the Gospel of Marx..." Of course, Allah is the exception. Heck, it's downright unpatriotic not to speak about him all day every day if you live in a Western country.
4. And yet the myth is perpetuated by global elites that no difference exists between Judaism and Islam. It is the difference between symphony orchestras and improvised explosive devices.
5. The war on Christianity is just as real as the war on America. Even if they're not fully conscious, the Left understand on a visceral level at least that Christianity is at the center of the US exceptionalism web. And it stands in their way. It’s why they spend so much time bashing it.
6. American patriots are undoubtedly committed to the fight against evil in the world. In other countries, there is nothing like a disposable plastic shopping bag or a politically incorrect football team name to get the blood boiling. That’s the moral difference between Right and Left.
7. Coexist is such a ponytail word.
8. Be wary of liberals: they've never met a regulation they didn't like.
9. Let me put it to you simply: I am infinitely more affected by the morality of the potential consequences of Western collapse or weakness than I am by the individual human rights of the enemy combatant. Don’t die a virgin—terrorists are up there waiting for you.
10. Oh, by the way, if you are free to be a liberal, thank a person with a gun. Nothing better than a can of old-fashioned American whoop-ass.
11. Where America was founded on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, Sharia was founded on death, slavery, and the pursuit of power. There is no such thing as a reluctant terrorist. And the West’s recent tradition to bow as the terrorists bomb must end. Each time the terrorists attack, liberty itself is violated. They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.
[sharequote align="center"]They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.[/sharequote]
Note: The link to the book in this post will give you an option to elect to donate a percentage of the proceeds from the sale to a charity of your choice. Mercury One, the charity founded by TheBlaze's Glenn Beck, is one of the options. Any donations to Mercury One are fully tax-deductible and go towards efforts such as tornado relief, preparedness training, and veterans support.