Watch LIVE

Hundreds Yell 'Kill the Police!' After Officer Fatally Shoots Allegedly Unarmed Teenager (UPDATE: NAACP Wants FBI to Investigate)


Officers from 15 other departments arrived at the scene after a second burst of gunfire rang out.

Image source: KSDK-TV

UPDATE, 10:38 p.m.: FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — A woman whose grandson was fatally shot by police said she found his body in the middle of the street minutes after he was expected to arrive at her home.

Desiree Harris said she was driving through her suburban St. Louis neighborhood Saturday afternoon when she saw her 18-year-old grandson, Michael Brown, walking a few blocks from her house. After she arrived home minutes later, she heard a commotion and ran outside to see Brown's body on the pavement nearby.

UPDATE 9:25 p.m.: FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — The St. Louis County NAACP said it wants the FBI to investigate the death of the teenager shot by a police officer.

John Gaskin, a member of the local NAACP chapter, said the group wants the FBI to handle the probe to ensure a thorough, transparent investigation.

Original story below

FERGUSON, Mo. (TheBlaze/AP) — A large crowd yelled "kill the police" while confronting a group of officers after one fatally shot a teenage male at a St. Louis-area apartment complex on Saturday.

Image source: KSDK-TV Image source: KSDK-TV

The teen allegedly was unarmed and shot several times by the officer, reported KSDK-TV in St. Louis, citing witnesses. The shooting occurred around noon at the Canfield Green apartments, KSDK added.

A St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman reported that "a couple hundred people" exited nearby apartment buildings after the shooting, but he didn't say what prompted the shooting by the Ferguson officer.

Image source: KSDK-TV Image source: KSDK-TV

Officers from 15 other departments arrived at the scene after a second burst of gunfire rang out, KSDK noted; Schellman said about 60 officers came to the Ferguson neighborhood, which is a few miles north of downtown St. Louis.

Minutes after an uproar from bystanders around 2 p.m., KSDK reported that five gunshots were heard.

Image source: KSDK-TV Image source: KSDK-TV

There were no reports of additional injuries at the scene, Schellman said, adding that the crowd was under control by 5 p.m.

St. Louis County Police are now handling the investigation, KSDK reported.

Most recent
All Articles