A Kansas mother said she had a hard time believing what she found inside her son’s Reese’s chocolate pumpkin: a needle.
"It is terrifying ... because it was in there. You don't know what was on that needle. You don't know how it got in there. You don't know nothing, and it has been in your mouth," Tamara Powell told KCTV.
The mother purchased the candy from a store Sunday for her son, but decided to take the first bite when she discovered the unwanted item.
"Luckily, it didn't stab me in my mouth. I caught it in my teeth," she told the local CBS affiliate.
"In the corner, you can see a little hole in it where it was pushed through. When the police officer looked, he said it could be possibly where it was pushed through," Powell told KCTV.
Police said that if they identify the individual responsible for placing the needle in the candy bar, he or she could face charges of assault.
Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter