Watch LIVE

There's Gonna Be a Problem': Newspaper Publishes Police Station Video, Radio Calls From Michael Brown Shooting


"Get us several more units over here."


New records obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch provides the most detailed timeline yet of the fatal police officer-involved shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. New video footage also includes the most up-to-date images of Wilson currently available.

(YouTube) (YouTube)

At 11:53 a.m. on Aug. 9, a dispatcher reported a “stealing in progress” at the Ferguson Market, the same one that Brown was caught on video robbing. The dispatcher alerted officers that the suspect was a black male wearing a white T-shirt, running toward QuikTrip with a stolen box of Swisher cigars.

At around noon, Wilson reportedly asked fellow officers if they needed his help searching for the robbery suspects, but an officer told him the suspects had disappeared.

At 12:02 p.m., Wilson requested another squad car to respond to his location. Sources previously told the Post-Dispatch that Wilson had ordered Brown and his friend to stop walking in the middle of the street before making that radio call. The sources claimed Wilson eventually realized Brown matched the robbery suspect’s description.

After confronting Brown, Wilson has told authorities that the 18-year-old attacked him and they struggled for his gun. The officer reportedly managed to fire twice, striking Brown once before he ran away.

Wilson then pursued the suspect, Brown, on foot.

More from the Post-Dispatch report:

According to sources, Wilson has said that Brown turned and charged, and that Wilson then fired once, paused when Brown appeared to flinch and fired again, multiple times. He said he then radioed for an ambulance.

Witnesses’ accounts vary widely. Most saw only part of the encounter. Johnson said that Wilson grabbed Brown by the throat, and, later, tried to pull him into the SUV. Johnson also said that Wilson’s fatal shot came after Brown turned around and was getting to the ground with his hands in the air.

Other witnesses have said that Brown stood still or walked, staggered, stumbled or fell toward Wilson before he was killed. Some witnesses said Brown’s hands were up; others said they were not.

According to the records obtained by the Post-Dispatch and an eyewitness who first reported the shooting on Twitter, Brown was fatally shot less than 61 seconds after the police dispatcher confirmed Wilson had made contact with the two men.

At 12:07 p.m., an officer is heard telling a dispatcher, "Get us several more units over here. There’s gonna be a problem."

Roughly two hours later, Wilson left the Ferguson police station for the hospital with his union lawyer and fellow officers.

The group arrived back at the police station more than two hours later.

A grand jury in the case is expected to be released “any day,” according to the report.

You can listen to Wilson's actual radio calls here.

Most recent
All Articles