Get BlazeTV
News

Trump continues assault on dossier report with morning tweetstorm

Republican nominee Donald Trump gestures during the first presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York on Sept. 26, 2016. (Paul J. Richards/AFP/Getty Images)

President-elect Donald Trump is still incensed by a leaked dossier of Russian intel, which he said Friday he continues to believe was leaked by the intelligence community despite U.S. Intelligence Director James Clapper's assurances to the contrary.

Trump ranted on Twitter early Friday morning about the controversy, saying those behind the story were his political opponents and "sleazebag political operatives." He also invoked "fake news" and insisted that Russia said that no intel exists.

He went on to promise that his administration would have a full report on the hacked emails within 90 days.

"It now turns out that the phony allegations against me were put together by my political opponents and a failed spy afraid of being sued," Trump said.

"Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists. Probably released by 'Intelligence' even knowing there is no proof, and never will be. My people will have a full report on hacking within 90 days," he concluded.

 

Reports surfaced earlier this week that former British MI-6 agent Christopher Steele was the spy who compiled the dossier, and BBC World Affairs correspondent Paul Wood reported that since the news surfaced, Steele has gone into hiding, in fear for his life.

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Subscribe Now
Recommended
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.