Defense Secretary James Mattis is the most popular member of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.
Axios ranked the members of the president’s Cabinet according to their net favorability rating, which is found by subtracting each member’s unfavorability rating from their favorability rating. They noted that none of the president’s advisers has an overall favorability rating above 50 percent.
The most popular members
- Defense Secretary James Mattis: +20 percent net favorability
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly: +17 percent net favorability
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson: +9 percent net favorability
Axios noted that Carson has a higher overall favorability ranking than Mattis (42 percent to 40 percent), but his higher unfavorability rate bumped his net favorability rating down.
The least popular members
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos: -12 percent net favorability
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions: -4 percent net favorability
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry: -3 percent net favorability
- Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin: -3 percent net favorability
See the complete rankings here.