President Donald Trump holds a meeting in March with members of his Cabinet, including Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (left) and Secretary of Defense James Mattis in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, D.C. (Michael Reynolds-Pool/Getty Images)
© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Defense Secretary James Mattis is the most popular member of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.
Axios ranked the members of the president’s Cabinet according to their net favorability rating, which is found by subtracting each member’s unfavorability rating from their favorability rating. They noted that none of the president’s advisers has an overall favorability rating above 50 percent.
The most popular members
- Defense Secretary James Mattis: +20 percent net favorability
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly: +17 percent net favorability
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson: +9 percent net favorability
Axios noted that Carson has a higher overall favorability ranking than Mattis (42 percent to 40 percent), but his higher unfavorability rate bumped his net favorability rating down.
The least popular members
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos: -12 percent net favorability
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions: -4 percent net favorability
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry: -3 percent net favorability
- Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin: -3 percent net favorability
See the complete rankings here.
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.