Jim McCollum, the father of a 16-year-old Trump-supporting teenager, gave an interview to Fox News on Tuesday and detailed the harassment his son received after publicizing a quiz that featured a multiple-choice answer of "shooting at Trump."
What was the deal with the quiz?
A multiple-choice answer on a Wyoming high school quiz last week was "He was shooting at Trump."
— Deplorable Tigerfan (@Auburngirlx) October 7, 2017
"It was so inappropriate to show a name of a sitting president in that question," McCollum told the Jackson Hole News & Guide. "To me, that is so wrong in light of the situation in our country and the divisiveness and all."
The school district apologized after an outraged McCollum took his story to Facebook and to the newspaper.
What did McCollum tell Fox News about the death threats?
McCollum revealed to Fox News that ever since the news of the quiz broke, his son has been receiving death threats.
- McCollum told Fox's Todd Starnes that he received a telephone call from his son's school, advising him that they were implementing heightened security measures to protect his son.
- "People are threatening violence against my son," McCollum told Starnes, "simply for being a Trump supporter."
- McCollum expressed his outrage that his son would be vilified for supporting Trump.
- "He admires the man," McCollum said. "He thinks the president is a cross between John Wayne and Clint Eastwood — swagger and grit."
- McCollum revealed that his son has intentions of joining the Marines.
- "He loves the president's position — to have the biggest, baddest military on the planet," McCollum told Starnes. "That inspired him. He wants to be a part of that."