Child actor-turned-musician Corey Feldman revealed in a video released Wednesday that he has experienced violence since announcing that he had plans to expose pedophilia in Hollywood — something he revealed was a huge problem in the entertainment industry during a 2011 "Nightline" interview.
What did he say?
- In the video, titled "Corey Feldman's Truth Campaign," Feldman voiced his aim to "bring to light what is happening in the world of entertainment as far as perverts and pedophiles."
- The 46-year-old actor revealed that since he called out Hollywood's problem with pedophilia earlier in October — which occurred in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault allegations — he's been subjected to threats.
- Calling his current life "utter chaos," Feldman noted that he fell victim to a "near-death experience," which left him feeling like he was going to be killed.
- "Two trucks came speeding at me at the same time on a crosswalk," Feldman revealed, adding that several of his fellow musicians have quit the group's band in fear for their lives.
- "I’m very alone," he said, "but I need to protect myself and I need to protect my family. I need additional security."
- Feldman said in the video that his end-game aim is to "bring down, potentially, a pedophile ring."
- He revealed that he was aware of six pedophiles currently operating in Hollywood and noted that one of them "is still very powerful today."
- "I've been living in fear and been living with this for my entire life," Feldman said of his experience. "I've been made to feel awkward, misunderstood, and I've been degraded at great levels."
- Feldman added that to help assist this exposure, he launched an online fundraiser to assist in paying for the production of what appears to be a tell-all film.
- Feldman revealed that the film's aim is to "be the most honest and true depiction of child abuse ever portrayed," by telling his own story.
- "Justice will be served," he added. "This is about good and evil. At the end of the day, there is nothing more evil than people who want to take advantage of innocent children."
What are the details on the fundraiser?
- The fundraiser has currently received nearly $17,000 of the $10 million goal.
- "Firstly as a security measure, Corey has already written down the names and details of the events and given them to a trusted person of power, in case anything should happen to him or any member of his family before the film is finished, " his wife, Courtney Mitchell, who is the organizer, wrote.
- Mitchell added that her husband "believes this revolutionary approach to self financing and self distribution can revolutionize the film industry and take away the power from those who now hold the keys to the world of entertainment, which allows the power monsters to continue doing the things they have for so long."
- She concluded, "This is a call for the world to unite for a most important cause, to preserve the innocence of children."