Supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) are harassing Democratic election officials with bullhorns at their homes late at night and demanding fair elections.
A report in Politico documented numerous events where Sanders supporters accosted officials in California and Nevada, one of whom resorted to calling the police.
"I want assurances that there isn't going to be any shenanigans going on tomorrow!" said one protester named Maria Estrada. "The Democratic Party does not control what happens!"
She livestreamed her protest to her Facebook page from outside the home of the chairman of the state's Democratic Party the day before the Nevada caucuses.
The Democratic Party has been accused of rigging the primary election in 2016 in order to boost Hillary Clinton's chances against Sanders.
Estrada led other late-night bullhorn protests against officials involved in the California election, including Secretary of State Alex Padilla and Democratic Party Chairman Rusty Hicks.
"Protesting is our right," explained Estrada in a statement to Politico. "Whether they called the police or not is irrelevant."
One official confronted them in Nevada. Nevada party chair William McCurdy told them that they had crossed a line.
"If any bulls**t happens tomorrow the only person who crossed the line is you!" responded Estrada.
Sanders top adviser Jeff Weaver disavowed the tactics.
"This conduct is completely unacceptable," Weaver told Politico.
"No one who behaves like this is part of our movement," he added. "People who support this campaign do so by civilly mobilizing other voters to come to the polls. We have zero tolerance for these activities and condemn them in the strongest terms."
Here's more about the Bernie Bros.:
- Woman charged for allegedly making death threats against Republican election official in Michigan and her daughter - TheBlaze ›
- Bernie Sanders faces questions over supporters' online behavior ... ›
- The Bernie Bros are out in full force harassing female reporters - The ... ›
- Democrats criticize Sanders for online behavior of his supporters ... ›
- Bernie Sanders can't denounce his supporters. They're his leverage ... ›
- From Bernie Sanders Supporters, Death Threats Over Delegates ... ›