Please verify

Blaze Media
Watch LIVE

'We were planning her baby shower': Man decapitated 8-months pregnant ex-girlfriend, police say

Alton Police Department

An 8-months pregnant woman was reportedly decapitated at her home in Illinois, and her head was discarded in a dumpster. Police believe that the ex-boyfriend is behind the grisly murder of the young woman and her unborn child.

Deundrea Holloway, 22, was arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of intentional homicide of an unborn child, and one count of dismembering a human body in the death of 22-year-old Liese Dodd and her unborn baby girl.

Heidi Noel, Dodd’s mother, hadn't heard from her daughter in days, so she reportedly went to her home in Alton – where she had recently moved to. Shortly before 1 p.m. on June 9, Noel allegedly entered the home and found her daughter's headless corpse.

Police later found Dodd's head in a dumpster near her home, according to court documents.

"Two hours after Dodd was found dead, Gillespie police were investigating a bicycle theft about 30 miles away from Alton, in their small town of 3,000 residents. The bike’s owner gave police a description of the man pedaling away on the stolen bike, and police arrested Holloway based on that description," according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The outlet reported that the suspect was "combative and uncooperative when officers brought him to their police station," according to Gillespie Police Department Chief Jared DePoppe – who added that Holloway attempted to hit his head against a wall and refused to provide his name. Holloway was booked into the Macoupin County Jail as a "John Doe."

Holloway did not have any blood on his clothing or any signs of recently being involved in a horrific crime.

The Alton Police Department informed other local law enforcement agencies in the area that they were in search of a murderer.

Holloway was connected to the horrific murder after it was revealed that he had an on-and-off dating relationship with Dodd for about two years. It was also revealed that Holloway was not the father of Dodd's unborn baby.

“What was observed, what was learned, what was found, was absolutely terrible," said Alton Police Department Chief Marcos Pulido – who was visibly shaken. "Every murder is absolutely terrible. I will never take that away. But what happened to 22-year-old Liese Dodd, who had just moved to Alton, is beyond reprehensible. It’s abominable. It is completely terrible what happened to her."

"She was savagely, savagely killed," Pulido angrily said as he held up a photo of Dodd. "She was decapitated. Decapitated by a freaking savage monster. Her unborn child was also killed as a result of this. So she was brutally murdered as well as her unborn child."

Dodd was expecting her first child on July 27. Before she was murdered, Dodd and her family were in the process of planning a baby shower.

"We were planning her baby shower for the end of this month," Noel told KMOV. "I had just sent out invitations the prior Saturday for the baby shower."

"We were just excited and gathering the items you need to have a baby,” Noel explained. “She wasn’t set on a name yet. [She] said 'my little bean.' So, we essentially were calling the baby, ‘baby bean.'"

The distraught mother said her daughter had "a beautiful smile."

"She was just a bright light that cared for everyone," Noel said. "She had a big heart. She'd do anything for anyone. She'd go out of her way to help people."

A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to provide assistance to the grieving family.

Holloway is being held on $2 million bail, and is scheduled to appear in Madison County Circuit court on June 24.

Man arrested for beheading pregnant woman in Altonwww.youtube.com

Most recent

WATCH: Elon Musk just went to the border and FILMED the chaos for all to see

All Articles