Broadway actress Patti LuPone, an LGBTQ ally, is facing criticism after launching a homophobic attack on Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C).
What are the details?
In a Thursday evening Twitter rant, LuPone accused Graham of being gay, and suggested he "come out."
"Lindsey Graham you are a disgrace. On a personal note, why don't you just bite the bullet and come out. You might just come to your senses," the former "Life Goes On" actress wrote to her 49,000 Twitter users.
LuPone, a two-time Tony and Grammy award winner, was reportedly blasting Graham after he declined to condemn President Donald Trump's remarks that freshmen congresswomen should "go back to where [they] came from."
Here are some of the more interesting and popular Twitter responses to LuPone's tweet:
- This is the unhinged left. She has nothing but attacks and insults. It's a national disgrace to see the left this low.
- Wow! Patti LuPone is homophobic! Who knew?
- Do you realize what you just said? YOU are the disgrace.
- "Homophobia is ok when WE do it."
- If it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.
What happened next?
LuPone's next tweet, immediately following the Graham tweet, took aim at Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), even going as far as to mock an incident in which Paul's neighbor viciously assaulted the Kentucky lawmaker.
She wrote, "Rand Paul, do us all a big favor. Don't set foot in NYC. You too are a National disgrace. Maybe your neighbor had a point?"