When co-host Whoopi Goldberg announced to the studio audience of "The View" Monday that Tucker Carlson and Fox News "have agreed to part ways," the left-wing crowd of the left-wing show, not surprisingly, cheered and applauded.
Goldberg added a half-hearted attempt at getting the audience to do "the wave" in response to the news, and her ecstatic fellow co-hosts assisted. But co-host Ana Navarro stole the moment.
"Can I ask the audience if they'll help me do something?" she asked. "C'mon, folks!"
With that, Navarro raised her arms and began singing the words and melody of legendary '60s tune "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" — and the audience obliged:
"Sayonara," Navarro added after the conclusion of the sing-along.
Co-host Sunny Hostin added her two cents: "I don't think anyone likes to celebrate the demise of someone's career. … But he is responsible for the degradation that we see somewhat of our democracy in this country." OK, Sunny. Sure.
Then in rather self-righteous fashion, Hostin put her hand on her chest and advised, "And I just think as a faithful person, look at God, look at God." Really, Sunny?
Alyssa Farah Griffin, the supposed conservative voice on the program, accused Carlson of being "the biggest purveyor of pro-Russian talking points. So, it's a good day for the Ukrainian people."
Hostin then quipped that "karma doesn't lose anyone's address" before Goldberg piggybacked with, "It may misplace that address, but it does not lose it."
How are folks reacting to the segment?
Interestingly, a number of commenters underneath the Twitter post from "The View," which shows video of the Carlson segment, pushed back against the co-hosts:
- "Ladies, Tucker Carlson's departure, along with the massive media coverage around ... will only serve to make him far more popular ... and influential," one commenter advised.
- "Hateful group," another user observed.
- "HEY CLUELESS CHICKS….. CNN FIRED DON LEMON this AM too," another commenter reminded them. "Any celebration about that?"
- "They reacted just the way I expected them to," another user wrote. "Embarrassing, immature, and unprofessional."
- "Can’t wait to wave when The View is canceled!!!" another commenter predicted.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!