WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can signup for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Pitiful in every sense of the word …
On Thursday, President Donald Trump celebrated America with a rousing nonpartisan speech in Washington, D.C. Before the speech even happened, the leftist media went out of its way to spin it negatively. Then after all of its collective scaremongering was disproven, CNN leaned forward into crazytown with its reaction to the speech.
NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck sifted through the nearly half-hour of television to highlight the "worst parts." The "Situation Room" panel included guest host Brianna Keilar, Obama administration official Adm. John Kirby, CNN's Ryan Lizza, April Ryan, and more.
Every last one of them put on a master clinic of Trump Derangement Syndrome:
Keilar first gloated that "when you compare [the military] to say his approval ratings, which, I mean, there is a huge chasm between the two" and was followed up by former Obama administration official and retired Rear Admiral John Kirby.
Kirby blasted Trump's harmless speech as "fairly eighth grade history" that "appropriat[ed]...military virtue for his own personal gain, so he's wrapping himself around the flag and around these troops and these aircraft."
CNN aired the rest of the speech, but afterward, the floodgates of stupid shattered into a million pieces. Kirby led by asserting that he's "troubled about the militaristic tone of the whole thing" that was "fairly sepia toned, and saccharine in its depth and context" lacking anything "about where the country should be going, what we should be working on."
It was a pathetic, sad display that fits in with the left's new mantra that America isn't great. These folks want Trump to fail because they want a failing America so that people will clamor for their destructive policies.
On Independence Day, Trump played them like a fiddle.
More media Independence Day meltdowns …
- Trump crowds were so big and impressive that people were calling pictures Photoshopped
- Trump's 'Salute to America' sparks heated debate over militarization of the Fourth of July
- Biden trashes Trump on Fourth of July: Celebration in DC was 'to stroke his ego'
- Hollywood's 'Salute to America' meltdown: 'Apologies to the rest of the world'
- CNN cuts to commercial during Trump's July Fourth speech
- CNN's Mudd on Trump 'Salute to America' speech: At a professional level I hated it — at a personal level I hated it more
- 'So edgy'! Teen Vogue marks Independence Day by reminding us that 'racism and patriotism go hand in hand'
- Joss Whedon tweets Trump is a 'racist, fascist president who's using armed thugs in law enforcement & illegal militias to keep us cowed & hopeless ...'
- 8 times the media said there was no crisis at the southern border
- CNN analyst jumps to the defense of anti-Semitic congressional candidate
- Slate writer calls out Kamala Harris for 'cynical stunt' in trashing Biden but actually agreeing with him
- 'The definition of gaslighting': NRO's Kyle Smith busts AP for 'heroic job' helping Kamala Harris clean up her busing mess
- 'Fake news at its FAKEST': Brit Hume shares INFURIATING thread of 'sinister' forgeries lefties are pushing to discredit Andy Ngo
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.