Bill O’Reilly was back in the hot seat on Monday’s show, answering Glenn and Stu’s questions about the latest New York Times piece on his record at Fox News. He clarified what the Times left out of the piece and exactly why he paid settlements after lawsuits he says made false allegations.
“No. 1: I want the story to go away because it’s brutalizing my family, and No. 2: I’m not going to run and hide because I didn’t do anything wrong,” he said.
Listen to O’Reilly in context and in his own words for his answers to these questions:
- What were O’Reilly’s reasons for settling?
- Exactly how many lawsuits did he need to resolve during his time at Fox News?
- Why was the settlement $32 million if the allegations were false?
- What is O’Reilly’s response to Megyn Kelly’s latest comments?
- Would he make the same decisions if he could do it over?