On "Fearless with Jason Whitlock," Jason and contributor Shemeka Michelle discussed the effect abortion has on the black community, and asked: Why is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People pushing a pro-choice agenda when it drastically reduces the number of black people?
"I do have some feelings about the abortion thing, and that's as a woman who's had one," Michelle said. "And so, I feel like that gives me the ability to say to women, 'Look, I understand what it feels like to think you don't have any other choice.' But I also think it gives me the ability to say, 'Uh, stop your bulls**t.'"
"I know what it's like to be pregnant. I know what it's like to know you're pregnant," she added. "I know what it's like to know that there's even a chance that you could be pregnant. So, this whole thought that we're taking [away] the voices of women or it's oppressive [to be pro-life], it's ridiculous. You you mean to tell me women don't know how to count their cycles anymore? You mean to tell me women don't know how babies are made? This is foolishness. I don't like that the NAACP is even backing this because, if you're supposed to be for the advancement of colored people, then killing 600 black babies a day is not helping us, and it's not advancing us."
Jason agreed, suggesting that it would make more sense if the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People changed their name to the "National Association for the Stagnation of Colored People."
Watch the video clip below or find more "Fearless with Jason Whitlock" here:
Want more from Jason Whitlock?
To enjoy more fearless conversations at the crossroads of culture, faith, sports, and comedy with Jason Whitlock and Uncle Jimmy, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.
- Whitlock: America no longer rests in power because it no longer ... ›
- Whitlock: Netflix series reveals Colin Kaepernick's 'daddy issues ... ›
- Whitlock: Here's what professional athletes need to know about the ... ›
- Whitlock: Netflix series reveals Colin Kaepernick's 'daddy issues' and similarities to Cardi B - TheBlaze ›
- Whitlock: Here’s what professional athletes need to know about the NAACP and its fight to protect abortion in Texas - TheBlaze ›
- Whitlock: America no longer rests in power because it no longer rests in peace - TheBlaze ›