Pat Gray Pat Gray highlighted new documents on Monday that placed Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) back in the spotlight with respect to allegations that she married her brother, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, so he could become a citizen and stay in the United States.
In this clip, Pat explained that newly released documents revealed evidence that Omar lived with her current husband Ahmed Hirsi throughout her entire marriage to Ahmed Elmi. This evidence raised more questions about the possibility that Omar broke the law in an effort to help her brother obtain U.S. citizenship.
Omar has denied the allegations, calling them "baseless rumors," however, Reporter David Steinberg posted in a series of tweets over the weekend that the Minneapolis Star Tribune had been sitting on the 'new' information about Omar's past since before she was elected to Congress.
Here's the Timeline according to the Washington Examiner:
- 1982: Omar was born in Somalia, youngest of seven children
- 1997: At age 15, Omar settled in Cedar Riverside neighborhood in Minnesota after fleeing Somalia's civil war and spending 4-years in a refugee camp with her family
- 2002: Omar married Ahmad Hirsi in a faith ceremony , not legally
- 2008: Omar and Hirsi ended their relationship
- 2009: Omar legally married Elmi
- 2011: Omar and Elmi religiously divorced
- 2011: Omar and Hirsi reconciled
- 2017: Omar and Hirsi legally married.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
Want more from Pat Gray?
To enjoy more of Pat's biting analysis and signature wit as he restores common sense to a senseless world, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.