You may know Ben Shapiro as the editor-in-chief of conservative news site, The Daily Wire, or as the controversial political speaker who unapologetically dismantles weak liberal arguments on college campuses nationwide and multiple media outlets. But who was Ben Shapiro before he became the outspoken voice of America's young conservatives?
Ben joined Glenn Beck for a candid interview on today's show. "I don't know if the audience has ever really been introduced to you formally," said Glenn, adding, "I don't know what happened to you -- I don't know if you were bitten by a spider or something happened -- but you are wicked smart." Addressing Ben's early graduation from high school, Glenn asked, "You were 16 years old going to UCLA, what was that like?"
"Well, it was fun, I mean, I hated high school. I was glad to get the hell out of there," said Ben. "High school was garbage. I was two years younger than everybody else ... when you're 5 foot 2 and like 120 pounds, and smarter than most the kids in your class, and kind of obnoxious, things go real well for you in high school ... yeah, going to college was great."
Here are a few more interesting points discussed in today's interview:
- Ben graduated high school at age 16.
- He graduated from UCLA [summa cum laude, of course] in 2004.
- At age 17, he became the youngest nationally syndicated columnist in the U.S.
- Ben has written several bestsellers including: "Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America’s Youth" (WND Books, May 2004), "Porn Generation: How Social Liberalism Is Corrupting Our Future" (Regnery, June 2005), and "Project President: Bad Hair and Botox on the Road to the White House" (Thomas Nelson, 2008) and New York Times bestseller "Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America" (Simon & Schuster, 2012).
- He graduated with honors from Harvard Law School in 2007.
- He started his own legal consulting firm, Benjamin Shapiro Legal Consulting.
- He was the editor-at-large at Breitbart until he resigned in March 2016.
- Ben’s columns have been published numerous newspapers and websites, and he has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows around the country.
- An Orthodox Jew, Ben has often spoken out against anti-Israel and anti-Semitic movements.
- Now 34, Ben has been married for ten years and has two children.
Watch the clip above to find out more.
To see the full episode visit Glenn’s channel on TheBlaze or watch full episodes of “Glenn” live weekdays 5–6 p.m. ET or anytime on-demand at TheBlaze TV.
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.