Try BlazeTV for Free
News

Bizarre: Chicago-Area Woman Dies After Injecting Hot Beef Fat Into Face

She gave herself these injections multiple times and had developed infections.

This takes at-home botox treatments to an entirely new level. A suburban Chicago woman died Thursday after allegedly injecting heated beef fat into her face.

That's right -- she created her own homemade dermal "filler" from rendered beef fat, which, according to the Chicago Sun Times, 63-year old Janet Hardt had injected into various parts of her face many times before.

A source said that shortly before Hardt died she injected the beef fat into areas around her mouth and chin.

Strangely, however, an autopsy revealed that Hardt died of peritonitis, an abdominal inflammation caused by a bacterial infection -- an infection that amazingly, was unrelated to the infections she suffered in her face from the botched injections.

According to CST, Hardt, who previously underwent multiple facial surgeries, went to the hospital after complaining that her face became singed and felt like it was burning.

Homewood spokeswoman Rachael Jones would not confirm or deny the medial examiner’s office reports that Hardt died of natural causes.

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Try BlazeTV for Free
Recommended
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.