© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
When one ponders the ballooning federal deficit, the numbers tell a complete story. Championing the common sense that examining facts and figures will bring, Glenn Beck took the air Tuesday evening to simplify a complex and exhausting set of numbers where the debt and budget are concerned.
"When you examine the facts, you win," Beck said.
On the blackboard, Beck reviewed the following series of stats and, to break it all down in its most rudimentary form, simply "erased" eight of the zeroes and asked viewers to then view the new numbers through the lens of a household budget. Beck offers some compelling food for thought below:
- U.S. TAX REVENUE: $2,170,000,000,000
- FED BUDGET: $3,820,000,000,000
- NEW DEBT: $1,650,000,000,000
- NATIONAL DEBT: $14,271,000,000,000
- RECENT BUDGET CUTS: $38,500,000,000
"Sanity replaces insanity" by erasing the zeroes:
- ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME: $21,700
- MONEY THE FAMILY SPENT: $38,200
- NEW DEBT ON THE CREDIT CARD: $16,500
- BALANCE ON THE CREDIT CARD: $142,710
- TOTAL BUDGET CUTS: $385
Watch the segment via TheBlazeTV here:
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.