If you haven't yet caught the comical video of Rabbi Shai Piron (who also serves as Israel's education minister) bursting into laughter while delivering a speech in front of Israeli parliament, you're in luck. And, even if you already viewed the clip, it may still be worth watching it again.
As Piron was delivering the first line of his remarks surrounding a proposed law to address the smuggling of cell phones into prisons, he simply couldn't contain himself.
Why, you ask? The word "penetration" is what gave him the giggle. And, from there, that initial giddiness progressed into full-on laughter. It didn't take long for the spectacle, which was caught on video, to go viral.
Photo Credit: YouTube
“Mr Chairman, distinguished Parliament, the aim of this legislation is to deal with a serious phenomenon -- the penetration of prohibited objects into prisons," he said during his speech.
The Daily Mail called the word's presence in the speech -- and Piron's reaction to it -- a "perceived sexual innuendo."
At first he laughed and then got back on track. But after the word emerged again, he broke down into laughter again -- this time spawning chuckles from other legislators as well, the Jewish Daily Forward reports. He found himself so taken aback by the wording that he teared up with laughter and wasn't able to conclude.
Here's the video:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- This Is Transforming the Way People Read the Bible Across the Globe
- ‘It’s Not a Hate Thing’: Boy Scouts Face Monumental Loss After Choice to Allow Openly-Gay Members
- Is Owning a Gun an ‘Important Civil Right’? ‘Eye-Opening’ New Movie Aims to Change Americans’ Views on Firearms and Liberty
- ‘Praying for a Miracle’: Congresswoman Makes Tragic Facebook Announcement About Unborn Baby
- Is This America’s ‘First Female Navy SEAL’? Transgender Former SEAL Comes Out in New ‘Warrior Princess’ Book