A man is now facing assault and murder charges after he reportedly fired a gun into a fast food restaurant in Las Vegas at the drive-thru window on September 7. He was apparently terminated from his job there just hours before.
that David Bravo, 25, became enraged after his shift leader at a Popeyes restaurant said that one of his shifts had been changed. When Bravo threatened to walk out, he was told that he would be fired if he did so. The restaurant's location was at Sunset Boulevard and Decatur Boulevard.
A few hours after Bravo walked out, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department received multiple calls about a possible shooting that had taken place at the restaurant.
The report noted Bravo showed up to the location on foot and requested to speak with the shift leader. When the shift leader, a woman, approached the window, she and another employee noticed Bravo was standing there with a gun in his hand. As the two quickly moved away from the window, a shot was fired. The shot reportedly shattered a window, causing several employees to take cover.
The police were able to get a better understanding of what happened after they obtained surveillance footage from a nearby business. The video reportedly revealed that Bravo parked his car, walked up to the window, and fired a shot as he turned to walk away.
There was also video footage from inside Popeyes that revealed Bravo at the window with a silver handgun, according to the report.
that the police said there was a "bullet hole in the wall that separated the employee work area from the area where the customers would stand to order their food."
When the authorities finally caught up with Bravo, he told them that he had a lawyer. The lawyer apparently said Bravo would turn himself in and hand over the gun. He was subsequently taken into custody on September 9. However, the authorities apparently do not know what Bravo did with the firearm.
Bravo is currently sitting in the Clark County Detention Center. His bail is set at $25,000, and he is reported to have a preliminary hearing on September 28 on charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and discharging a gun into an occupied structure, per the report.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox.
Sign up here
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.