Dr. Voddie Baucham, Dean of Theology at African Christian University in Lusaka, Zambia, joined Glenn Beck on the radio program to explain why he agrees with Vice President Mike Pence's refusal to say the phrase "Black Lives Matter."
Baucham, who recently drew national attention when his sermon titled "Ethnic Gnosticism" resurfaced online, said the phrase has been trademarked by a dangerous, violent, Marxist movement that doesn't care about black lives except to use them as political pawns.
"We have to separate this movement from the issues," Baucham warned. "I know that [Black Lives Matter] is a phrase that is part of an organization. It is a trademark phrase. And it's a phrase designed to use black people.
"That phrase dehumanizes black people, because it makes them pawns in a game that has nothing whatsoever to do with black people and their dignity. And has everything to do with a divisive agenda that is bigger than black people. That's why I'm not going to use that phrase, because I love black people. I love being black."
Baucham warned that Black Lives Matter -- a radical Marxist movement -- is using black people and communities to push a dangerous and divisive narrative. He encouraged Americans to educate themselves on the organization's agenda and belief statement.
"This movement is dangerous. This movement is vicious. And this movement uses black people," he emphasized. "And so if I'm really concerned about issues in the black community -- and I am -- then I have to refuse, and I have to repudiate that organization. Because they stand against that for which I am advocating."
Watch the video below to catch more of the conversation:
Want more from Glenn Beck?
To enjoy more of Glenn's masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.
- African Christian University Dean: 'Black people in America are the ... ›
- WATCH: The Marxist MOB: The Most Dangerous Cult in America ... ›
- Mark Levin: BLM is a Marxist organization and their goal is to 'GET ... ›
- 'Our children don't stand a chance': Glenn Beck EXPOSES how radical Marxism is infiltrating our kids' schools - TheBlaze ›
- Mark Levin: America is FAST becoming a 'spiritually blind' Marxists nation - TheBlaze ›
- 'If Obama's not woke enough for you, NOBODY is': Voddie Baucham warns there's NO END to what critical race theorists can 'problematize' - TheBlaze ›
- Pastor Voddie Baucham: 'An attack on masculinity is an attack on the God who created us' ›