"Communism is looked at as something we can borrow from liberally," said Glenn by way of introduction to today's show, the second in a 2-part feature on the history of communism and what really happens when communism takes hold of a country. "The truth is that [communism] is among history's most proficient killers."
Here are some of the chilling facts and stats:
- Nearly 100 million people died under communist regimes.
- Chinese dictator Mao Zedong, aka 'Chairman Mao,' was responsible for executions, imprisonments, forced famines and labor camps that killed an estimated 65 million of his own countrymen.
- Cuban Revolutionist and pop-culture icon, Che Guevara, ordered hundreds of executions by firing squad without trials. He famously said, “We executed many people by firing squad without knowing if they were fully guilty. At times, the Revolution cannot stop to conduct much investigation." He also famously hated America, free speech, homosexuals, minorities, and rock n' roll music.
- An estimated 7,000,000 people perished under the dictatorship of Joseph Stalin, the dictator of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Many died from famine after the government's forced collectivization of farmland.
- 33-42 percent of American millennials say they are unfamiliar with Mao, Guevara and Lenin.
- Among the millennials who are familiar, at least a quarter have a favorable impression of Guevara, Marx, and Lenin.
And yet ...
Che — The Patriot Post https://t.co/qgmmNf8f6j
— Sam Lyda (@wichitaks1) March 28, 2018
— Stephanie Stephan (@stephaniehaikaz) March 27, 2018
Hail Supreme Leader Ren. "Let The Past Die. Kill It, If You Have To." #tshirt #hoodie #stickers #mugs #pillows #iphonex #iphonecase #kids https://t.co/HjbLohZZm6 #KyloRenDidNothingWrong #darkside #thelastjedi #StarWarsTheLastJedi #CheGuevara #revolution pic.twitter.com/nJU7Wwc5sX
— CINE31 (@cine31) March 29, 2018
So let’s fix American gun laws by celebrating communist dictatorships who have no due process, no freedom of speech and other rights we enjoy.
— deplorable veteran (@dogeatdog98) March 25, 2018
— Stella (@RebelNoia_) March 24, 2018
— Ajmal Kabeer (@ajmalkabeer_) March 21, 2018
Considering the she-orc #EmmaGonzalez was wearing a Cuban flag during her speech, i suppose one could say the indoctrination in American schools is complete. #SecondAmendment #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #CheGuevara #Communismkills #GunControl #freedom pic.twitter.com/yeiZnJ1FoH
— Nationalist Cat (@NationalistCat) March 27, 2018
— K A M A L (@MeKamaal) March 16, 2018
Watch the video clip above or to watch the full episode visit Glenn’s channel on TheBlaze.
You can watch full episodes of “Glenn” live weekdays 5–6 p.m. ET or anytime on-demand at TheBlaze TV.
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.