Found on the Greater Boston Tea Party website, this graphic shows that the hard-core occupiers do have something in common with the Tea Party people.
It starts out with a couple of points on which almost every American can agree.
WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
GOVERNMENT COLLUSION WITH SPECIAL INTERESTS IS AN OUTRAGE!
GOVERNMENT SHOULDN'T GIVE SPECIAL TREATMENT TO FAVORED INTERESTS!
THE BAILOUTS WERE WRONG!
LET'S TAKE TO THE STREETS!
And then the groups begin to split
OCCUPY WALL STREET vs. THE TEA PARTY
- Break The System vs. Fix The System
- We should be bailed out too! vs. Nobody should be bailed out!
- Get money out of politics. vs. Get politics out of money.
- We deserve other people's money. vs. People deserve to keep what they earn.
- We need to keep spending money we don't have. vs. We need to stop spending money we don't have.
- The solution is to increase govt power. vs. The solution is to decrease govt power.
- Tax those evil rich fat cats into oblivion. vs. We're taxed enough already.
- Replace the Constitution vs. Restore the Constitution
Occupy Wall Street (almost 3000 arrested) Tea Party Members (arrests?)