Glenn Beck told Capital New York in a "60-second interview" that he actually admires a number of reporters from the mainstream media.
Beck was asked about "one news publication or TV show people might be surprised" to learn he is a fan of. He didn't name a show, but did name a number of individuals.
"While it pains me to say it given their outlets, I think Jake Tapper and Mark Leibovich are fantastic and fair ... and on the TV side the creative genius behind 'I Love Lucy,'" Beck said. "Namely, Desi Arnaz. Without him there would be no three-camera shoot, talent owning a piece of second runs and perhaps even (Studio City, California). I won't hold the last one against him."
Jake Tapper is CNN's chief Washington correspondent, and Mark Leibovich is the chief national correspondent for The New York Times Magazine. Beck has spoken highly of both in the past.
During the Capital New York interview, Beck also spoke about his online and television network TheBlaze, jokingly warning his competitors to "be afraid, be very afraid."
"We are building a lifestyle company that transcends politics and even me. We are creating programming for an audience who wants content creators to treat them with respect, pay attention to them and make things that they like and are interested in," he said. "Years from now, you will see us as a fully-distributed television network with reach across every important platform."
Other Must-Read Stories:
- New York Times Correspondent: ‘There’s No Such Thing as Democrats and Republicans Anymore’
- What Did Bill O’Reilly Say About the Future of America That Stunned Glenn Beck?
- Beck Reveals Why He Has Such Disdain for CNN’s Christiane Amanpour
- New York Times Publishes Remarkably Fair Article About Glenn Beck
- The Unique Syria Article in a ‘Liberal Rag’ That Glenn Beck Can’t Stop Praising