Is Italy about to undergo a major cultural revolution, where small government solutions replace the longstanding tradition of big government, high taxes, and high unemployment?
If Carlo Sandrin of "Tea Party Italia" has anything to say about it, the answer is a resounding "yes."
Sandrin appeared as a guest on Glenn Beck's television program Monday, and Beck was so impacted by the interview that he spoke about it again on his radio program Tuesday.
"[Sandrin] said you won't see it on the news, because the news is controlled by the government ... [but] Italy is on the verge of collapse," Beck remarked.
Sandrin added that small business leaders are fighting every day to keep their doors open, largely because the tax rates in Italy are some of the highest in the world.
Their solution, Sandrin said, is to not pay a dime in taxes until the government stops encroaching on individual liberties. Though only a handful were willing to make such a bold stand at first, he said that thousands have now pledged to do the same, at their wit's end with a government that over-taxes, over-regulates, and has no plans to cut public spending.
More than that, areas in the north of Italy are even discussing secession (though this isn't the first time).
"He said your men came over and died for us, for our freedom, so we could get away from fascism and socialism. And what happens? We are going to waste that and do it again?" Beck related. "He had the most clear warning I have ever heard from anybody. Fascism and communism are coming head to head again."
Sandrin said that fascism and socialism are the "two roads" that many in Europe consider to be at the opposite ends of the political spectrum.
"Nobody really understands -- they are the same thing," Beck added. "They are just arguing on who is going to rule."
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Why Was ‘Tea Party Italia’ So Inspired by Glenn Beck’s ‘Man in the Moon’ Event?
- Glenn Beck Delivers Special Message All the Way Across the Atlantic — for a Group You Probably Didn’t Know Exists...
- Glenn Beck Releases Graphic Video Juxtaposing Media, Obama Administration’s Optimism on Egypt with Horrifying Reality
- Why the Fascinating History of Hanukkah & the Maccabees ‘Matters’ to Every ‘Freedom-Loving American’
- TheBlaze’s Buck Sexton Slams Absolute ‘Counterterrorism Catastrophe’ That You May Not Have Heard About