Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin was hammered on social media for giving a defense of the economy under President Joe Biden in her newest column.
Rubin argued in her column that if inflation were not a factor that Biden's "economic performance" would be "unmatched."
She touted the latest jobs report while admitting that high inflation had eaten into the gains made in Americans' wages. Rubin went on to blame inflation on the pandemic, the actions of the Federal Reserve, and finally blamed high gas prices on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Critics of the Biden administration took to Twitter to excoriate Rubin for the nonsensical economic defense.
"This article is incoherent. Much of Biden's 'extraordinary' economic accomplishments (like rising nominal wages) are just side effects of rising prices. You cannot divorce the two & act like inflation is some some separate branch that can be cut off while keeping the good stuff," argued Brien Riedl of the Manhattan Institute.
"If the economy weren’t doing badly, it would be good, area woman says," replied commentator Drew Holden.
Others used the same formulation Rubin used to mock her claim that Biden was doing a great job despite inflation.
"If it weren’t for the cost, I could afford to fly private," joked Charles C.W. Cooke of the National Review.
"If it weren't for IQ points, you would be Einstein," replied Ben Shapiro.
"If it weren't for the assassination of her husband, Mary Todd Lincoln would have enjoyed the play," joked Andrew Follett of the Club for Growth.
"If it weren't for my lack of a medical degree, my surgical skills would be unmatched," mocked Noah Blum.
"Opinion by Cheating Husband: If it weren’t for my ongoing affair, my marriage would be on really solid ground," read another mocking tweet.
Disastrous polling and other indicators point to a catastrophic outcome for Democrats in the upcoming November midterms election over high inflation, increasing gas prices, and embarrassing missteps by the Biden administration. Some on the far left, like socialist Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), blame the polling on Biden not pushing for progressive policies.
Here's more about the Biden economy:
Liberal Elites Tell Poor People to Stop Complaining and Buy Electric Cars | @Pat Gray Unleashed www.youtube.com
- Peter Doocy questions Jen Psaki on Biden's failures - TheBlaze ›
- Federal Reserve chairman undercuts White House's attempt to ... ›
- Psaki claims it is 'unfair and absurd' for businesses to raise prices if ... ›
- Jen Psaki struggles to hide her FURY as she dodges questions on ... ›
- 'As empty gestures go, impressive': WaPo's Jennifer Rubin mocks ... ›
- Jen Psaki faces online mockery after she tries to blame greedy 'meat ... ›
- Fox News reporter exposes critical flaw in Biden's plan to 'start ... ›
- Former Obama economic advisers say Biden's corporate greed ... ›
- MSNBC's Chuck Todd dismisses Americans' economic woes under ... ›
- Nancy Pelosi calls economic shrinkage an 'aberration' and dodges question about midterm elections - TheBlaze ›